Would you like to show appreciation for all your child’s teacher does?? Then, please nominate them for Pride of Bracknell Awards Teacher of the Year! Closing date 9th March: link here Pride of Bracknell Awards
‘There is a really positive vibe around the school. I feel my children are gaining a good all-round, inclusive education at this school’ – parentview
WHAT DID OFSTED SAY ABOUT SANDY LANE? Click here
LATEST NEWS – Week beginning 5th March
- World Book Day – rescheduled for Friday 9th March – all children (and adults) invited to dress up; Weather permitting – Parade on Middle playground at 905am
- Squirrels Class Assembly – Thursday 8th March 9am
- Book Fair 320-4pm Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday THIS WEEK!
- Year 6 SATs info session Monday 5th March 320pm
- Year 2 SATs info session Wednesday 7th March 230pm
- 9th February newsletter posted here
- Latest Ofsted report posted here.
- New lunch menu and debt policy in operation. Click here
- WANT to try our Roots to Food recipes?? Click Twice Cooked Parmesan Chicken Tandoori Spiced Salmon
A message from our Head Teacher, Mr Davies
Dear Children, Parents & Carers,
Welcome to Sandy Lane Primary School! I am hugely honoured to have been appointed headteacher of this school and shall do everything possible in order to repay the faith placed in me.
Sandy Lane Primary is a large, vibrant school, with an explicit emphasis on developing the whole child as a person and as a learner. Our wonderful staff team and I are committed to ensuring children have a wide array of learning experiences and that we equip your children with the knowledge, skills and values that will enable them to progress in life becoming confident and responsible local, national and global citizens. We aim to do all this in such a way that the children cannot help but smile.
One of my key aims is to foster strong links between school and home – I often talk of our school ‘family’ and positive, strong links between us are essential. Staff are available to talk to on the playground at the end of each day, as am I, and we welcome any comments, thoughts or help you can give.
We are all here to do the absolute best we can for each and every child – and together that’s what we will achieve.
If you have any questions or would like to come and look around our wonderful school, please do not hesitate to contact the school office.
Here’s to exciting times ahead.
Sandy Lane Primary School is committed to safeguarding children. We work closely with all multi-agencies to ensure that children are protected from risk of emotional and physical harm or risk of harm, or at risk from neglect. We follow stringent procedures for the recruitment of staff and for visitors entering our school. Our site is monitored by CCTV and there is a high staff presence at all times in the school day. We also have regular patrols by community multi-agencies, such as our local police.