LATEST NEWS – Week beginning 16th October
- Inset day on Friday 20th October 2017 – no children in school. Children return on Monday 30th October
- 13th October Newsletter posted here
- New clubs starting after half term. Confirmation letters have now been issued.
- SLSA Halloween Discos Tuesday 31st October. Tickets available now on Parentmail.
- Ladybirds class assembly postponed to October 19th.
- New lunch menu and debt policy starts after half term. Click here
Looking for a school for your Reception child in September 2018?
Come and visit our school and see us in action. Opportunities to tour the school and talk to staff. To book, email email@example.com or phone 01344 423896
- Wednesday 27th September 9.15am – 10.15am or 1.30pm-2.30pm
- Wednesday 1st November 9.15am – 10.15am or 1.30pm -2.30pm
- Wednesday 29th November 9.15am – 10.15am or 1.30pm – 2.30pm
- Wednesday 24th January 9.15am – 10.15am or 1.30pm – 2.30pm
New on website this month:
- New Behaviour Policy uploaded. Click here
- English and Enquiry curriculum overviews by Year Group. Click here
- Age related expectations added by year group. Click here
- Calendar added to Home page and Dates page
- New lunch menu and debt policy. Click here
- Clubs information added here
A message from our Head Teacher, Mr Davies
Dear Children, Parents & Carers,
Welcome to Sandy Lane Primary School! I am hugely honoured to have been appointed headteacher of this school and shall do everything possible in order to repay the faith placed in me.
Sandy Lane Primary is a large, vibrant school, with an explicit emphasis on developing the whole child as a person and as a learner. Our wonderful staff team and I are committed to ensuring children have a wide array of learning experiences and that we equip your children with the knowledge, skills and values that will enable them to progress in life becoming confident and responsible local, national and global citizens. We aim to do all this in such a way that the children cannot help but smile.
One of my key aims is to foster strong links between school and home – I often talk of our school ‘family’ and positive, strong links between us are essential. Staff are available to talk to on the playground at the end of each day, as am I, and we welcome any comments, thoughts or help you can give.
We are all here to do the absolute best we can for each and every child – and together that’s what we will achieve.
If you have any questions or would like to come and look around our wonderful school, please do not hesitate to contact the school office.
Here’s to exciting times ahead.
Sandy Lane Primary School is committed to safeguarding children. We work closely with all multi-agencies to ensure that children are protected from risk of emotional and physical harm or risk of harm, or at risk from neglect. We follow stringent procedures for the recruitment of staff and for visitors entering our school. Our site is monitored by CCTV and there is a high staff presence at all times in the school day. We also have regular patrols by community multi-agencies, such as our local police.