LATEST NEWS – Week beginning 11th December
- All clubs run by teaching staff have now finished. EPC clubs finish on Friday 15th December.
- 8th December newsletter posted here
- Latest Ofsted report posted here.
- Advance notice that we will be finishing at 2pm on the last day of term – Tuesday 19th December – see the newsletter for more information.
- Clubs for Spring Term – parentmail sent and information posted here.
- Our next Open days are on 24th January at 9.15am and 1.30pm. Please contact us to book a place.
- Latest vacancies listed here
- New lunch menu and debt policy in operation. Click here
Looking for a school for your Reception child in September 2018?
Come and visit our school and see us in action. Opportunities to tour the school and talk to staff. To book, email email@example.com or phone 01344 423896
- Wednesday 29th November 9.15am – 10.15am or 1.30pm – 2.30pm
- Wednesday 24th January 9.15am – 10.15am or 1.30pm – 2.30pm
New on website this month:
- New Behaviour Policy uploaded. Click here
- English, Maths and Enquiry curriculum overviews by Year Group. Click here
- Age related expectations added by year group. Click here
- Calendar added to Home page and Dates page
- New lunch menu and debt policy. Click here
- Clubs information added here
A message from our Head Teacher, Mr Davies
Dear Children, Parents & Carers,
Welcome to Sandy Lane Primary School! I am hugely honoured to have been appointed headteacher of this school and shall do everything possible in order to repay the faith placed in me.
Sandy Lane Primary is a large, vibrant school, with an explicit emphasis on developing the whole child as a person and as a learner. Our wonderful staff team and I are committed to ensuring children have a wide array of learning experiences and that we equip your children with the knowledge, skills and values that will enable them to progress in life becoming confident and responsible local, national and global citizens. We aim to do all this in such a way that the children cannot help but smile.
One of my key aims is to foster strong links between school and home – I often talk of our school ‘family’ and positive, strong links between us are essential. Staff are available to talk to on the playground at the end of each day, as am I, and we welcome any comments, thoughts or help you can give.
We are all here to do the absolute best we can for each and every child – and together that’s what we will achieve.
If you have any questions or would like to come and look around our wonderful school, please do not hesitate to contact the school office.
Here’s to exciting times ahead.
Sandy Lane Primary School is committed to safeguarding children. We work closely with all multi-agencies to ensure that children are protected from risk of emotional and physical harm or risk of harm, or at risk from neglect. We follow stringent procedures for the recruitment of staff and for visitors entering our school. Our site is monitored by CCTV and there is a high staff presence at all times in the school day. We also have regular patrols by community multi-agencies, such as our local police.